Apply for a group performance licence

If a large group of children are performing you can apply for a Body of Persons Approval (BOPA) instead of applying for individual child licences. This means that as an organiser, you will have one overall licence instead of one for each child.

All performances must meet the regulations even if you have been given a BOPA.

Apply for a Body of Persons Approval

To apply for a BOPA, you will need to contact us to ask for the relevant application form. 

When applying, the organiser will need to send a:

  • signed contract stating that they will meet the regulations
  • completed application form
  • copy of your company's Child Protection or Safeguarding Policy
  • notification of performance with details of the children taking part in the event and the chaperones that will be taking care of them

To request an application form or for more information about licensing exemptions phone 01634 337 310 or email