Apply for a child employment permit
To be employed a child must be at least 13 years old and must have a work permit until they are no longer of statutory school age (the last Friday of the school year once they turn 16).
A child employment permit can be taken away if the child’s school attendance or wellbeing is affected by the employment.
If you are employing a child you will also need to ensure that they:
- work no longer than the maximum hours for a child of their age
- get the number of breaks that they need
- are doing work that a child their age is allowed to do in a work premise that is safe and appropriate
How to apply
To apply for a child employment permit you will need the:
- address of the place of employment
- dates and times that the child will be working
- consent and signature of the parent and the child
For further information please call 01634 337 310