About a chaperone licence
Every child taking part in a licenced performance must be supervised by a parent, legal carer or guardian or a licenced chaperone.
Chaperones are responsible for:
- the wellbeing of the children
- safeguarding issues
- considering health and safety issues
- escorting the child at all times
- following legislation relating to child performance.
All chaperones must:
- be 18 years and older
- complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) enhanced disclosure and social care background check
- attend an up-to-date chaperone guidance session.