There are book clubs at every library in Medway, as well as groups for children, the hard of hearing and the visually impaired.
Find a book club:
- Children's and teen book clubs
- Virtual book club
- Library book clubs
- Crime readers' groups
- Poetry readers' groups
- Visually impaired readers' groups.
To register your interest in a children’s or teen book club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mystery of Edwin Drood
Drood is the final, unfinished novel by Dickens. The central mystery, the disappearance of Edwin Drood, plays out in a thinly disguised Rochester. This is gothic Rochester as you have never seen it
You can join the book club at any time by downloading the eBook, and joining our discussions on the Reading Drood blog.
- Hempstead Library, second Monday of the month, 10.30am.
- Rainham Library, first Tuesday of the month, 10.15am
- Grain Library, first Tuesday of the month, 12.30pm to 1.30pm
- Gillingham Library, second Tuesday of the month, 10.30am
- Twydall Library, third Tuesday of the month, 2pm (except August and December).
- Gillingham Library, third Thursday of the month, 10.30am
- Chatham Library, third Thursday of the month, 10.30am
- Lordswood Library, last Thursday of the month, 10.30am
- Rochester Library, last Thursday of the month, 10am
- Wigmore Library, last Thursday of the month, 2pm.
- Cuxton Library - contact the library for the next meeting date
- Walderslade Village Library, third Friday of the month, 10.30am.
- Hoo Library, first Saturday of the month, 10.30am.
For lovers of crime novels we have crime readers' groups at:
- Lordswood Library, first Thursday of the month, 11am
- Rochester Library, second Thursday of the month, 2pm.
A friendly and informal group for all you poetry lovers to share your favourite poems at:
- Wigmore Library, second Tuesday of the month, 2pm.
A specialist group for visually impaired readers who listen to talking books and want to discuss them. New members are always welcome!
These groups are held at Rochester Library, on the third Friday of the month at 2pm.
For more information call 01634 337 799.