Equal chance gaming
This is an exemption from holding an operators licence issued by the Gambling Commission and Premises Licence issued by Medway Council.
To qualify for this exemption the club must obey these four conditions:
- no amount is deducted or levied from sums staked or won
- any participation fee does not exceed such maximum as maybe prescribed
- any game played on one set of premises must not be linked with a game played on another set of premises
- each person who participated a) is a member of the club or institute who applied for membership, was nominated for membership or became a member at least 48 hours before they participated or b) is a guest of such a member of the club or institutes.
Where the equal chance gaming in question is bingo, during a 7 day period the aggregate of stakes or prizes must not exceed £2,000.
If you exceed this a 'high turnover period' commences and lasts for a year from the start of the 7 day period. If during that year, the aggregate of stakes or prizes again exceeds £2.000, the exemption is lost and a bingo operating licence is required from the Gambling Commission.
Provision of facilities for games of chance
In accordance with four conditions:
- no participation fee maybe charged otherwise than in accordance with regulations
- no amount may be deducted or levied from sums staked or won, otherwise than in accordance with regulations
- the public must be excluded from any area of the club's or institute's premises where gaming is taking place
- children and young persons are excluded from any area of the club's or institute's premises where gaming is taking place.