Medway Council provides a competitive pay package for all social work roles in Children’s Services:
- newly qualified social worker: £30,365 increasing to £31,391 per annum after 6 months
- social worker: £33,898 to £37,055 per annum
- experienced social worker: £37,056 to £40,567 per annum
- senior practitioner: £40,568 to £45,376 per annum
- team manager: £45,377 to £49,437 per annum
- service manager: £49,437 to £53,524 per annum.
Pay progression is subject to employees being assessed as achieving or above as part of their annual performance development review.
Market allowance of up to £10,000 per annum
In addition to the basic salary, some of our social work roles also attract a market allowance payment of up to £10,000 per annum. To find out if the role you are applying for is eligible, please check the job advert.
The market allowance is split across the year into 12 equal payments.
Retention payment of between £2,000 and £3,000 per annum
All social work roles attract an annual retention payment of between £2,000 or £3,000 subject to the following criteria being met:
- need to have accrued a minimum of one or 2 years’ service (dependent upon team) as of 31 March
- need to be in post as of 31 March
- must not have resigned before the payment is made
- must be at performance level 'achieving' or above
- and must not be subject to a formal disciplinary or capability process during the year.
The retention payment is paid in April each year as a lump sum.
The market allowance and retention payment is subject to annual review.
Make your way here
Join our community...