We aim to give you the housing advice you need by providing information on how to cope with situations such as:
- financial help
- housing options.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
To protect you and our staff from COVID-19, access to Kingsley House is by appointment only.
Upload evidence to support your claim
You can upload your evidence to support your Council Tax, Housing Benefit and business rates claim.
Housing advice leaflets
View our housing advice leaflets for more information for a range of people from care leavers to armed forces veterans.
Update your Personal Housing Plan
If we're already helping you with a housing problem and you have a Personal Housing Plan in place, then you can view and amend your Personal Housing Plan.
Housing Services Welfare Reform Team: council tenants helpline
For advice on debt you can:
- phone: 01634 333 344 Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm, and Friday, 9.30am to 4.45pm
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have access to a computer or internet enabled device please call us for advice or to make an appointment.
Our phone lines are open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Fridays:
- call 01634 332 222 for Council Tax, Housing Benefit or business rates enquiries
- call 01634 333 600 for homelessness, evictions and Kent Homechoice enquiries
- call 01634 333 333 for all other council services.
Kingsley House address
By appointment only: 37 to 39 Balmoral Road, Gillingham, ME7 4PF
Access services and the latest information online
If you have access to an internet-enabled device, our online forms and website are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
By using our online forms, your request will go straight to the right department:
- Apply for a Council Tax Reduction
- Pay your Council Tax
- Update your Council Tax address
- Apply for Housing Benefit
- Pay your council rent
- Apply for social housing.
Other advice and support services
Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
You can contact CAB Medway on 01634 383 760 or by emailing email@example.com
Medway Community Hub
Medway Community Hub provides a coordinated service of support for vulnerable, disadvantaged homeless adults in Medway.
This is through close partnerships with services and professionals from the wider community under one roof who provide support around:
- peer support
- generally a more meaningful use of time.
Visit Medway Community Hub: 411 High Street, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4NU
For more information on the Medway Community Hub phone 0800 698 1000
Medway Domestic Abuse Service (Choices)
If you are experiencing domestic abuse, the Medway Domestic Abuse Service offers free advice, information and support from a range of agencies.
Phone 07392 741 309 on Tuesday mornings between 9.30am and 12pm.
You can also contact the Medway Domestic Abuse Service:
- Call the confidential number on 0800 917 9948, Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30am
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more domestic abuse support services.