If you move home or change your name

If you move home or change your name, you should tell us so we can update your Council Tax details.  

If you move home

If you’re moving house we need to know so we can close your old account and set up a new account with the updated address.

More about Council Tax if you're moving home.

Update your address online.

If you move home you'll also need to register to vote at your new address

If you're claiming Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction you'll need to update your claim.

If you change your name

If your name changes, for example, after marriage or divorce, please tell us so we can update your details.

You can let us know by emailing ctax@medway.gov.uk and quote your payment reference (as shown in your Council Tax bill) number in the subject line. This will help us to deal with your enquiry more efficiently. 

You'll also need to update your electoral registration details by emailing electoralservices@medway.gov.uk

If you change your bank details

You cannot amend your direct debit instructions on this website.

To change your bank details:

  1. cancel the original direct debit with your bank
  2. set up a new direct debit.

Set up a new direct debit