View help for Council Tax and how to pay below:
- pay your Council Tax
- pay by Direct Debit
- pay online
- check your balance online
- support with your Council Tax payments.
You can pay your Council Tax by:
- setting up a Direct Debit
- making a card payment.
Check the back of your bill for more information on ways to pay.
To pay Council Tax, you will need your Council Tax account number (this is your 'payment reference number' and can be found on your bill).
You’ll need to tell us if you've moved home or are new to paying Council Tax to us. We’ll send you a bill to your new address with your Council Tax account number so you can pay or set up a Direct Debit.
Paying for your Council Tax by Direct Debit is the most secure and easiest way, avoiding late payments.
Paying your Council Tax by Direct Debit means:
- your payments are protected by Direct Debit Guarantee
- payments are taken automatically but you can cancel at any time
- you can choose from 3 different payment days - 1st, 15th or 28th of the month, and pay over 10 months or 12 months
- you can amend the Direct Debit you already have with us by submitting a new one. You will need to do this more than 5 working days before the payment is due or we could take your old Direct Debit amount on your old payment date. Any new Direct Debit instruction from you will cancel the previous instruction we hold.
If you've moved home and do not have a Council Tax bill, you can set up a Direct Debit instruction using our separate online form.
If you want to cancel your Direct Debit, contact your bank and cancel it directly with them.
To pay online by debit or credit card, you’ll need:
- your Council Tax account number (this is your 'payment reference number' and can be found on your bill)
- the postcode of the property you’re paying for.
You can also check your balance.
You can check your balance:
Find out more about the My Council Tax Online account and how to sign up.
If you find it difficult to pay your Council Tax and need support, find out more about: