Working in childcare
If you are interested in working with childcare there are a range of rewarding career opportunities available.
Childcare jobs include:
- Nursery workers
- Pre-school or playgroup staff and playworkers
- Teaching assistants
- Crèche leaders
Training and qualifications
There are training and qualifications in childcare, but you don’t always need these to work in childcare. The level of training or qualifications you need will depend on the type of work you want to do.
Find out about childcare BTEC Diplomas and Certificates from:
- City and Guilds or by calling 0844 543 0033
- Council for Awards in Children’s Care & Education by calling 0845 347 2123 or emailing email@example.com
- Edexcel or by calling 0845 618 0440
- EDI Education Development International by calling 0870 720 2909
- NCFE by calling 0191 239 8000
- Open University by calling 0845 300 6090 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org