The emotional, mental health and wellbeing of children and young people in Medway is a key priority for Medway CCG, Medway Council and our partner agencies.
Good emotional wellbeing (including mental health) is important to:
- an improved physical and mental development
- better relationships with family members and peers
- a smoother transition into adult
Many children and young people will experience positive emotional wellbeing most of the time. They may experience challenges and periods of instability when growing up, but will usually get the support they need to cope without it affecting their wellbeing.
Today, many young people are faced with complex lives and a range of challenges which can lead to struggles with emotional problems and mental health.
To combat this we are focussing on:
- how services can be made and delivered locally
- how services and agencies can work together to make best use of the resources available
- early intervention and support for all services
- supporting recovery between the young person and their family
Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Services
From 1 September 2017 Medway’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) transferred to NELFT NHS Foundation Trust. The service is now known as the Medway Young Persons’ Wellbeing Service.
Eating disorder services also transferred to NELFT NHS Foundation Trust. The service is now known as the Eating Disorder Service for Kent and Medway.