Anybody can use our spending data. You do not have to apply or ask for permission, but you do have to agree to the terms of the Open Government Licence for public sector information.
In April 2014, the amount of transparency was decreased from £500 to £250.
Below are Microsoft Excel files which show invoices of more than £250 for 2014/15 and all previous years where more than £500 has been spent:
- Spending data - 2017-18
- Spending data - 2016-17
- Spending data - 2015-16
- Spending data - 2014-15
- Spending data - 2013-14
- Spending data - 2012-13
- Spending data - 2011-12
Social Housing Asset Values
Under the Department of Communities and Local Government’s ‘Local Government Transparency Code ’, Medway Council is obliged to publish details of the value of social housing stock that is held in Authority’s Housing Revenue Account. Below are files that show stock held in Medway Council’s Housing Revenue Account at the end of the relevant year.
How to make sense of the data
Spending data in the above files are broken down into the:
- date the payment was processed by our payments system
- reference number for the payment (this is how we categorise the payment to identify and manage spending)
- type of payment (invoice or credit note)
- value of the payment on the invoice in pounds excluding VAT
- name of supplier/organisation receiving the payment.
Each transaction is referenced to a directorate within the council:
- directorate (for example, Children and Adults)
- area of spend (for example, Adult Social Care)
- service level (for example, MH Social Care Services)
- expense code
- expense description