How to spot fleas
Fleas are small black insects which normally find their way into a property by living on pets like cats and dogs. They can spread to pet bedding, carpets and upholstered furniture such as sofas.
Signs of fleas include:
- pets constantly scratching
- black moving specks in your pet’s coat
- red itchy bites on you or family members, usually around ankles and legs
- black specks jumping in your carpet and on furniture.
Treat fleas yourself
It can be very difficult to get rid of fleas yourself, so it’s wise to get professional help.
If you want to try for yourself, you can:
- apply a flea treatment to your pet
- visit the vet to find out the best treatment
- use a flea spray or powder around the property – always read instructions on the label
- wash pet bedding at a high temperature
- vacuum your floors and skirting boards
We cannot be held responsible for any damage, loss or injury caused by following this advice.
Find more information to help you get rid of fleas and treat your pet for fleas.
If you’ve been bitten by a flea you can read more about treatment for insect bites.
Book a treatment
Due to the current situation with coronavirus (COVID-19), we have had to make changes to the services we offer, in line with government advice. Please call us on 01634 283215 to discuss the treatment we can offer.
There are some things you can do to reduce your chances of getting fleas:
- apply flea treatments to your pet on a regular basis
- wash your pet’s bedding in the hottest water possible
- vacuum floors regularly, especially where there’s carpet
Contact pest control by phone on 01634 283 215.