Legitimate reasons to visit HWRCs
Government guidance is that you should only book a trip to a household waste and recycling centre (HWRC) where your journey is absolutely essential.
An essential journey is disposing of waste:
- that you cannot store at home safely
- to prevent injury, illness or other harm
- that you cannot dispose of through other means, such as the regular kerbside collection service
If your reason is not related to one of the above, you should not book a slot at an HWRC.
If you can temporarily store your waste or recycling in a way that does not pose a risk to your safety or the safety of others, or to human health, you should continue to do so.
Do not visit a HWRC if you're:
- extremely vulnerable and are remaining at home for shielding purposes
- showing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19)
- in a 14-day household isolation period
See government advice on staying at home, and social distancing guidance.