What you need to submit

If you’re planning to build an extension, outbuilding or other household development you will need to submit documentation.

For all planning applications, you’ll need to submit:

  • an application for your development type such as householder or strategic development
  • Location Plan
  • Site Plan and Block Plans
  • elevations
  • floor plans
  • site sections
  • roof plans
  • heritage statements (if the property is listed or in a conservation area)

For a successful application you will need to submit the right documents, check what you need to submit in our planning application checklist.

Get help with your application with the Non-Householder planning application guide.

Planning application costs

You will also need to submit the application costs.

These application costs: