Home improvements

As a council tenant, you will need permission to make certain improvements to your home. To make improvements, please contact your Housing Officer with details of the improvements you would like to make.

If you need permission, your housing officer will advise you and will arrange for permission to be given if the works you plan to do are appropriate. You can also complete the property alteration form and return it to Housing Services. 

Compensation for improvements

If you are a secure Medway Council tenant, you may be paid compensation when your tenancy ends for certain improvement you carried out to your home.

Please note that this does not apply to introductory or flexible tenants. If a tenancy ends because of the death of a tenant, or other special circumstances, compensation can still be paid to their estate.

Find out more about qualifying for compensation on the Department for Communities website