About Right to Buy
Right to Buy lets council tenants buy their home with a discount of up to £87,200 (or £96,010 from 6 April 2023) if the property is outside of London. If you buy a house, you’ll own the property outright. If you’re buying a flat or maisonette, you will buy a long-term lease and the council will still own the freehold of the building.
You’re eligible for Right to Buy if you:
- are a secure tenant of Medway Council
- have spent at least 3 years as a public sector tenant
- plan to buy a house or flat that will be your only or main home.
You may be able to apply for Right to Buy with someone who’s a joint tenant with you or a member of your family. They will need to be over 18 and have lived with you for at least a year.
Download the Right to Buy application form
Send your completed Right to Buy application form and supplementary application form, which is used to verify your eligibility by:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to: The Leasehold Team, Medway Council Housing services, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, ME4 4TR.
You will need to sign electronic forms at a later date.