Tenancy transfer and mutual exchange

Transferring a tenancy

You can transfer your tenancy:

  • to another Medway Council or social housing property in Medway on Kent Homechoice
  • if the property you live in is in a good state of repair and decoration
  • if you don’t have any rent owed
  • if you haven’t committed any anti-social behaviour

Mutual exchange

A mutual exchange is when you swap your council home with a tenant from another council or housing association. You can agree a mutual exchange anywhere in the country using:

For more information read our mutual exchange policy.