Works and surveys we do for your safety
To keep your home safe we regularly carry out a range of works and surveys including:
- asbestos surveys to ensure large scale works or capital works can be carried out safely
- structural surveys
- electrical testing to identify any repairs needed and full electrical rewiring programmes
- carbon monoxide detector installations
- mains-operated smoke detector installations for properties without smoke detectors or with battery operated detectors
- annual gas service on all gas appliances that belong to the council, read our gas safety and servicing policy for more information
To ensure your safety we have:
- a strong fire safety management strategy
- invested £4million over the last three years in fire safety programmes
- fitted all our properties with smoke alarms
- Mears – a leading provider of repairs and maintenance work – on hand to fit any missing or faulty fire alarms. You can contact Mears by calling 0800 073 0300.
Fire Risk Assessments
We have an ongoing programme of Fire Risk Assessments which are carried out by inspectors from STG (South Thames Gateway Building Control).
Assessments that are planned for the coming months include:
- Perie Row 1 to 6 inclusive from 7 January 2020
- Mccuden Row 1 to 11 odds from 9 January 2020
- Mccuden Row 21 to 31 odds from 9 January 2020
- Mccuden Row 22 to 32 evens from 9 January 2020
- Barfleur Manor from 14 January 2020
- Temeraire Manor from 14 January 2020
- Victory Manor 1 to 9 inclusive from 16 January 2020
- Camperdown Maor 1 to 6 inclusive from 16 January 2020
- Manor Street 40 to 58 odds from 21 January 2020
- Wood Street 24 to 30A evens from 23 January 2020
- High Street Brompton 50 to 62 plus 37 Wood from 23 January 2020
- James Street 30 to 92 from 28 January 2020
The surveyor may need to inspect inside your property, the loft space or a private store shed.
If they knock on your door, please allow them access after their identity has been verified with a photo identification card.