If the child is in immediate danger
In an emergency phone 999.
If you think the child is at immediate risk of harm phone us straightaway:
- Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm on 01634 334 466
- out of hours on 03000 419 191.
When to refer a child to Medway's Children's Services
Read our threshold guidance to find out when to refer a child to children’s services in Medway.
Use our online forms to:
- report your safeguarding concerns about a child or young person who may need help
- request Early Help support for a family in need (also known as family solutions)
- refer a parent or parents for a parenting support programme
- request support for a child with disabilities.
Keeping children safe
Our Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) is responsible for agreeing how organisations will work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in Medway.
Find out more on the Medway Safeguarding Children Partnership website.
Read guidance on working to safeguard children on the GOV.UK website.
To find out about adults safeguarding and how to report a concern, visit our Adult abuse and safeguarding page.