About the Local Offer for care leavers
We have a duty to develop a corporate parenting board and publish a Local Offer for care leavers.
This is to help you find the services and support we offer. We'll also help you find support from other agencies and organisations.
These services can help you manage the journey into early adulthood and independent living.
Whether you're preparing to leave care or you have left care, you may have questions and important decisions to make. There can be lots to learn and prepare for when leaving care.
You can get a range of services and financial support up to the age of 21, and sometimes 25, if you meet the following criteria:
- you're at least 16 years old
- you have been in the care of Medway Council for at least 3 months past your 14th birthday, and at least one day past your 16th birthday.
Support and information
It's very important to us that our children and young people have the best start in life and are happy and successful.
We have designed our Local Offer to:
- give you practical information
- tell you about the help and support you can expect
- explain the different options available to you.