The Strand is a popular Medway destination for families and is open during the summer months. There are a range of outdoor activities to choose from as well as the open air pool.
The swimming facilities available include:
- outdoor leisure pool
- six 25 metre lanes for swimming
- 300 metre lazy river
- children’s slides
- children’s paddling pool
Other pool facilities
Other pool facilities include:
- inflatables that are available to buy on site
- a poolside café
- seating and sunbeds are not provided but you can bring your own
You can also bring your own food and drink on the day you visit. You can not bring glass, alcohol or BBQs.
- Children aged 8-16 will need to have 1 adult for every 5 children
- Children aged 5-7 will need to have 1 adult per every 3 children
- Children under 5 will need to have 1 adult for every 2 children
Outdoor pool prices
These prices are an admission fee to the outdoor pool and all its facilities.
- Adult per session: £5.40
- Under 16s and over 60s per session: £3.40
- Private pool hire: £182.70
Any Medway Sport membership that includes swimming is included at The Strand.
Under 16s and over 60s can get free swim sessions at The Strand with a Medway free swimming card.
Cards cannot be issued here and must be applied for at: