If your item is too bulky to fit into a normal rubbish bin and is heavier than 25kg, you can pay us to collect it.
Christmas and New Year bulky item collections
The bulky collection service will not be available from 23 December 2019 to 4 January 2020 inclusive.
Bulky collection cost
Same day as your usual bin collection: £10
Different day to your usual bin collection: £38
What you need to know
It's important to remember that:
- we can collect up to 3 items per collection
- we only collect items from homes, not businesses
- we can not go into your home to collect items and will not carry items up or down steps
- we only collect items Monday to Friday
- we’ll only collect the items you tell us about during your booking
- items must be left outside the front of your property by 7am on the day of collection
- changes or cancellations must be made by 4pm the day before your items are due to be collected
- bookings must be made by 4pm to allow us to process the collection - phone us no later then 3.30pm to finish the booking in time for the 4pm deadline
- fridges and freezers must be empty of any food or drink or they will not be collected
Bulky collection for charity
Before you book your bulky collection, consider donating it to charity.
If your item is in good condition and is reusable, a local charity may collect it for you.
Below are some local charities that will take your items. Some may even collect for free.
Contact them directly:
If you are a charity or organisation that wish to be included on this list, email: email@example.com
How to book
To book your bulky collection, make sure you click the final 'submit' button after giving your payment details.
You can also book a collection by calling 01634 333 333.
Our phone line is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm. Please phone us no later than 3.30pm to finish the booking in time for the 4pm deadline.
You must report a missed collection no later than 3pm the day after it was due to be collected.
Change or cancel a booking
To change or cancel your collection date or the items to be collected phone 01634 333 333. Our phone line is open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 4pm.
You must change or cancel a collection by 4pm the day before your items are due to be collected. If you do not do this, you will still be charged and not refunded.