Paying your Council Tax by direct debit or online is a quick, easy and secure way of paying your bill without the worry of not paying on time.
Pay by direct debit
The easiest and most secure way you can pay council tax is by direct debit.
Pay by direct debit and:
- choose to pay on the 1st, 15th or 28th of the month over 10 or 12 months
- pay automatically but you can cancel at any time
- avoid late payments
- payments are protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee and refunded by your bank if there’s a mistake
Note: you cannot amend your direct debit instruction on this website. To amend or cancel a direct debit, please contact your bank.
To pay online by debit or credit card, you’ll need:
- your council tax account number (this can be found on your bill)
- the postcode of the property you’re paying for
Paying for the first time
If you've moved home, you'll need to tell us you've moved to Medway and we will send you a bill to your new address with your account number so you can pay or set up a direct debit.
If you're paying your Council Tax to Medway for the first time and your details have not changed, please follow the process above to set up your online or direct debit payment.