It's safe, easy to set up a Direct Debit and you'll not risk missing a payment.
- Complete a Council Tax Direct Debit instruction
- Complete a business rates Direct Debit instruction
Debit or credit card
You can pay for the following services using a debit or credit card, online or by visiting our contact points or community hubs.
- allotments invoices
- archive payments
- business rates
- Council Tax
- fixed penalty notices
- garage rents
- general payments (using sundry debtors payment service)
- housing rents
- housing benefit overpayment
- Medway Youth Pass applications and renewals
- Medway Youth Pass replacements
- parking charge notices and traffic fines (PCNs)
- planning applications
- Strategic Access Management and Monitoring Strategy (SAMMS) mitigation contribution
- service charges
- school or college transport
- social services invoices
Send a cheque made payable to Medway Council to:
Kent ME4 4TR
Write your account reference number on the back of your cheque. Receipts will only be sent if a stamped, addressed envelope is included with your payment. Do not send cash by post.
You can pay your council rent by cash safely and securely using an Allpay card, wherever you see a PayPoint or Pay Zone sign. Search the full list of outlets on the Allpay website.
If you do not have an Allpay card, phone 01634 333 500 for more information.
You can also use cash to pay a wide range of council bills, including council tax, business rates and rent, at post offices and banks.
Use a payment slip from your payment book or the tear-off slip from your bill. If paying into a bank, make your cheque out to Medway Council. The bank may charge a fee for this service. Allow 5 working days for payment to reach the council.
If paying into a post office, your cheque should be made out to Post Offices Ltd. Again, allow 5 working days for payment to reach the council.
Pay by phone
Phone 01634 333 333 Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.