We are currently experiencing some issues with the council tax payment form. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Paying your council tax by direct debit or online is a quick, easy and secure way of paying your bill without the worry of not paying on time. These options also let you amend your payment date, update your bank details and check your balance easily.
Paying by direct debit
The easiest and most secure way you can pay council tax is by direct debit. You can set up a direct debit, change your payment date or amend your bank details.
Pay by direct debit and:
- choose to pay on the 1st, 15th or 28th of the month over 10 or 12 months
- pay automatically but you can cancel at any time
- avoid late payments
- payments are protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee and refunded by your bank if there’s a mistake
To pay online by debit or credit card, you’ll need:
- your council tax account number (this can be found on your bill)
- the postcode of the property you’re paying for