Extra Care Housing
If you’re thinking about moving home to get a bit of extra help while maintaining your independence and privacy, Extra Care Housing could be right for you.
Extra Care Housing is a type of sheltered housing that has a permanent care team in the building to meet the needs of the people that live there. It can help people over 55 to live independently in their own homes within a community setting.
It can help people who:
- may need to leave their home because of life changes or health problems
- have had an assessment and have identified a need for care
- want privacy and independence but need some help with day to day living
Extra care housing offers self-contained apartments, communal spaces, support services and care staff that are on site at all times.
The care services available include:
- personal care and hygiene
- help with dressing and undressing
- help to get up in the morning and into bed in the evening
- helping to take medication
- help with meals or meal preparation in your own home
- monitoring health and well being
Who can apply for extra care housing
You can apply for Extra Care Housing if you’re 55 or over.
You must also have an eligible social care need, have a local connection to Medway and have an eligible housing need.
To be eligible you must have difficulty with at least two of the following:
- maintaining and managing nutrition
- managing personal hygiene
- managing toilet needs
- getting appropriately clothed
- making use of the home safely
- maintaining a habitable home environment
- developing or maintaining family and other personal relationships
- accessing and engaging in work, training, education or volunteering
- making use of necessary facilities or services in the local community
- carrying out caring responsibilities for a child
Extra Care Housing in Medway
All Extra Care Housing in Medway have apartments which are safe and secure with alarm and door entry systems. All schemes also have communal lounges and facilities for tenants with disabilities.
We have five Extra Care Housing units in Medway.
We have recently developed additional Extra Care Housing including:
We currently have vacancies at Atlas Place and Rogallo Place which you can now apply for.
How to apply
To apply for Extra Care Housing complete the Extra Care Housing application form.
You can submit your form by emailing it to email@example.com.
Or return by posting to: Adult Social Care Directorate, Level 4, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR.