If you move home or change your name
If you move home or change your name, you should tell us so we can update your Council Tax details.
If you move home
If you’re moving house we need to know so we can close your old account and set up a new account with the updated address.
More about Council Tax if you're moving home.
If you move home you'll also need to register to vote at your new address.
If you're claiming Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction you'll need to update your claim.
If you change your name
If you or someone on your Council Tax account changes name, for example, after marriage or divorce, please tell us so we can update these details.
You can request a name change in your My Council Tax Online account.
If you do not have a My Council Tax Online account you can:
- sign up for an account
- complete our online form to request a name change on your Council Tax account.
You will need to tell us:
- your Council Tax payment reference number (also known as account number)
- who the name change is for - yourself or someone else on your Council Tax account
- the name currently on your Council Tax account and what you'd like this changed to
- the reason for the name change
- your phone number and email address so we can contact you if we need further information.
You'll also need to update your electoral registration details by emailing email@example.com.
If you change your bank details
You cannot amend your direct debit instructions on this website.
To change your bank details:
- cancel the original direct debit with your bank
- set up a new direct debit.