If you move home or change your name
If you move home or change your name, you should tell us so we can update your Council Tax details.
If you move home
If you’re moving house we need to know so we can close your old account and set up a new account with the updated address.
More about Council Tax if you're moving home.
If you move home you'll also need to register to vote at your new address.
If you're claiming Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction you'll need to update your claim.
If you change your name
If you or someone on your Council Tax account changes name, for example, after marriage or divorce, please tell us so we can update these details.
You can request a name change in your My Council Tax Online account.
If you do not have a My Council Tax Online account you can:
- sign up for an account
- complete our online form to request a name change on your Council Tax account.
You will need to tell us:
- your Council Tax payment reference number (also known as account number)
- who the name change is for - yourself or someone else on your Council Tax account
- the name currently on your Council Tax account and what you'd like this changed to
- the reason for the name change
- your phone number and email address so we can contact you if we need further information.
You'll also need to update your electoral registration details by emailing email@example.com.
If you change your bank details
You can amend the Direct Debit you already have with us by submitting a new one.
You will need to do this more
If you want to cancel your Direct Debit, contact your bank and cancel it directly with them.