How to apply for pre-application advice
For pre-application advice you’ll need to provide:
- a site location plan with the site layout outlined in red and other land in your ownership outlined in blue, at a scale of 1:1250 or 1:2500
- a full description of the nature of the development, including its scale and the proposed uses
- the appropriate fee.
For a more informed response, you can also provide:
- a block plan showing the proposed layout of the site at 1:200 or 1:500
- a sketch showing scaled floor plans and elevations
- any other helpful information such as a draft design and access statement, photographs
Apply for pre-application advice
You can request and pay for pre-application advice using our online form.
This form currently does not work in Internet Explorer. Please use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or a mobile browser. We're working on getting this fixed.
After you apply
Our planning officers will contact you within 10 days of you making payment.