Minor development advice
If you're a business owner your work will be a minor development if it’s for:
- 1 to 9 residential units
- floor space up to 999 square metres
- air conditioning or ventilation equipment
- listed building consent, repairs and pre-purchase advice (written advice)
Pre-application advice for minor developments
The advice will cover:
- details of any legal designations and restrictions that affect the site
- key planning policy context and assessment of the scheme against planning policy
- any other material considerations
- potential contributions you must make for developments
- a summary of changes that might be required to improve the scheme and, if possible, overcome objections
- identify areas within the pre-application scheme that may need addressing or changing
- the likelihood of the scheme being accepted.
Expectations from your pre-application advice
For a meeting in office or on site:
- we’ll contact you within 10 working days if more information is needed or to tell you your enquiry has been registered, along with the details of the case
- we’ll offer you a meeting within 10 working days of registration
- a meeting will take place within a timescale agreed with the applicant.
Written advice will be sent within 20 working days of registration unless another timescale has been agreed.
View an example of written pre-application advice
As the applicant, you’re expected to consult with the Parish Council.
Cost of minor development pre-application advice
The fees for minor development pre-application advice are:
- meeting: £562
- meeting and written advice: £702
- charged per hour for officer follow up.
Meetings will be held at Gun Wharf and site visits will be at the planning officer’s discretion.
View our full list of pre-application planning advice fees