Minor development advice
If you're a business owner your work will be a minor development if it’s for:
- 1 to 9 residential units
- floor space up to 999 square metres
- air conditioning or ventilation equipment
- listed building consent, repairs and pre-purchase advice (written advice)
Pre-application advice for minor developments
The advice will cover:
- details of any legal designations and restrictions that affect the site
- key planning policy context and assessment of the scheme against planning policy
- any other material considerations
- potential contributions you must make for developments
- a summary of changes that might be required to improve the scheme and, if possible, overcome objections
- identify areas within the pre-application scheme that may need addressing or changing
- the likelihood of the scheme being accepted.
Expectations from your pre-application advice
For a meeting in office or on site:
- we’ll contact you within 10 working days if more information is needed or to tell you your enquiry has been registered, along with the details of the case
- we’ll offer you a meeting within 10 working days of registration
- a meeting will take place within a timescale agreed with the applicant.
Written advice will be sent within 20 working days of registration unless another timescale has been agreed.
As the applicant, you’re expected to consult with the Parish Council.
Cost of minor development pre-application advice
The fees for minor development pre-application advice are:
- meeting: £562
- meeting and written advice: £702
- charged per hour for officer follow up.
Meetings will be held at Gun Wharf and site visits will be at the planning officer’s discretion.
View our full list of pre-application planning advice fees