Householder development advice
Your work will be a householder development if it’s for:
- an extension to a dwelling, outbuilding or other development within the garden, not new dwellings
- a garage
- roof alterations
- crossovers (dropped kerbs)
- hardstanding (driveways)
The pre-application advice will cover:
- details of any statutory designations and constraints (areas of protected land) affecting the site
- key planning policy context and assessment of the scheme against planning policy
- any other material considerations, such as parking, traffic, conservation, etc.
- a summary of potential changes that may be needed to improve the scheme and, if possible, overcome objections.
- identification of areas within the pre-application scheme that may need addressing/changing
- conclusion as to the likely chance of the scheme being accepted
The applicant is expected to consult with the Parish Council.