About local land charges
Whether you are buying or selling a property or business, are a conveyancer, private company or member of the public, our local land charges team are here to help.
We monitor our service with our annual customer satisfaction survey.
Land-related enquiries fall into three groups:
- ownership of a piece of land or responsibility for a particular boundary, fence or wall
- council-owned land – enquiries should be made to the Asset and Property Management
- privately owned land – these are dealt with by the District Land Registry
Local land charge fees from 31 March 2017
Search results will be returned via email as PDF documents.
Payment can be made by debit or credit card by calling 01634 332 733.
- Local Land Charges Register: £11
- Local Land Charges Register Additional Parcel Fee: £1
- Planning & building decisions and pending application (a) to (i): £3
- Planning & building decisions and pending application (j) to (l): £3.60
- Roadways, footways and footpaths: £3
- Public rights of way: £3
- Land required for public purposes: £3
- Land to be acquired for road works: £3
- Drainage matters: £3
- Nearby road schemes: £3
- Nearby railway schemes: £3
- Traffic schemes: £3
- Outstanding notices: £3
- Contravention of building regulations: £3
- Notices, orders, directions and proceedings under Planning Acts: £3
- Community infrastructure levy (CIL): £3
- Conservation area: £3
- Compulsory purchase: £3
- Contaminated land: £3
- Radon gas: £3
- Assets of Community Value: £3
For more information contact Local Land Charges by phoning 01634 332 733, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to: Local Land Charges, Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR