How to request a search

An application for a local authority search may be submitted by post or document exchange using the official forms. These forms can be found at Oyez Forms. You can also download and submit an official search form.


You can also submit online using the National Land Information Service (NLIS). Please note both the licensed channel provider and the hub will charge additional fees.

Email searches

You are now able to send and receive your searches via email by sending the easy search form by email to

Search results will be returned via email as PDF documents.

Updated search facility

This service is free for a period of 3 months from the date of certificate.

When an updated request is submitted, the original Medway Council Official Search number must be quoted and the date of the official certificate.

We will then carry out a fresh search for you and provide you with all relevant charges and replies to both the LLC1 and Con29.