About home repairs
You can request a repair from us at any time of day, seven days a week. Repairs are attended by our contractors Mears and are split into emergency, urgent and non-urgent repairs.
Telephone: 01634 333 601 or freephone 0800 073 0073.
For more information visit the Mears website.
We will respond to an emergency repair within two hours, or one working day depending on the type of the severity of the issue. To be classed as an emergency repair, there must be significant risk to health and safety, your property or other buildings.
We will attend within two hours to make sure that no one is in any danger, but the repair may not be completed at that time. A follow up visit may need to be arranged by the contractor in order to complete the repair.
Emergency repairs include:
- complete loss of electrical power
- unsafe, broken or missing electrical fittings
- complete loss of gas supply
- blocked, damaged or faulty flues to an open fire or gas appliance
- complete loss of heating or water heating (between 1 November and 31 March only)
- blocked toilet pans, soil stack or blocked foul drain
- leaks from a water supply pipe, heating pipe, tank or cistern
- boarding up broken windows or doors
- loss of heating or hot water in homes for independent living
Once a repair is reported
If you miss or can’t keep your appointment:
- you must rearrange it or the job will be cancelled
- we’ll leave a calling card if you’re not in when we arrive
- you need to contact us within seven days to rearrange
If we don't hear from you in seven days we’ll contact you to make another appointment. If we can't make another appointment, or you miss a second appointment, the job will be cancelled.