About home repairs
You can request a repair from us at any time of day, 7 days a week. Repairs are attended by our contractors Mears and are split into emergency, urgent and non-urgent repairs.
Telephone: 01634 333 601 or freephone 0800 073 0073.
For more information visit the Mears website.
To be classed as an emergency repair, there must be significant risk to
- health and safety
- your property
- other buildings.
We'll attend within 2 hours to make sure that no one is in danger, but the repair may not be completed at that time. A follow up visit may need to be arranged by the contractor to complete the repair.
Emergency repairs include:
- complete loss of electrical power
- unsafe, broken or missing electrical fittings
- complete loss of gas supply
- blocked, damaged or faulty flues to an open fire or gas appliance
- complete loss of heating or water heating (between 1 November and 31 March only)
- blocked toilet pans, soil stack or blocked foul drain
- leaks from a water supply pipe, heating pipe, tank or cistern
- boarding up broken windows or doors
- loss of heating or hot water in homes for independent living.
Once a repair is reported
If you miss or cannot keep your appointment, you must contact us to rearrange the visit within 7 days or the job will be cancelled.
We'll leave a calling card if you are not in when we arrive.
If we do not hear from you in 7 days we will contact you to make another appointment.
If we cannot make another appointment, or you miss a second appointment, the job will be cancelled.