If you think someone is using a Blue Badge that they’re not entitled to, or parking in a disabled bay when they should not, you can report Blue Badge misuse in Medway by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01634 333 355.
If the misuse happened outside Medway, report it to the relevant local council.
If someone is found to be misusing a Blue Badge their entitlement may be reviewed and they could be fined or prosecuted if there is enough evidence of the misuse.
- using a badge when the badge holder is not travelling in the car
- using a badge that belongs to a person who has now died
- using an out of date badge
- continuing to use a badge when you no longer need it instead of returning it to us.
To help us investigate misuse, please give us as much information as you can. This includes:
- the serial number of the badge
- a description of the misuse
- the address or location where the vehicle was parked
- the name of the badge holder or the misuser (if known)
- the vehicle make
- the vehicle colour
- the registration number (if known).
We can only deal with reports for misuse of the badge in Medway Council car parks or on public highways. If it is a private car park, such as a supermarket, you’ll have to contact the person responsible for the car park.