Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
You can apply or reapply for a Blue Badge quickly and easily. It usually takes between 4 to 6 weeks to process your application and make a decision. Applications for people who are terminally ill will be fast tracked.
If your Blue Badge is due to expire, you will be sent a renewal reminder to reapply which will follow the same process as applying.
Apply or renew online
When you apply online, you can check the full list of eligibility criteria before you start your application.
Applying online is quick and easy and means:
- you will only asked questions relevant to your disability
- you won’t have to post your documents to us
- you can enter your payment details for your badge online when you're making your application
- you’ll get an instant update that we’ve received your application if you provided your email
- you will be able to see when we have received your application and if your application has been successful
- you’ll get your badge quicker
When you apply, you will need to upload or send:
- a passport-style and sized photograph (this can be taken yourself)
- proof of address such as a council tax or a utility bill dated within the last 12 months
- proof of identity such as a passport, drivers license or birth certificate
If you are using a document without a photograph, such as a birth certificate, as proof of identity, you will need to send a certified hard copy of both your proof of identity and your passport photo. These documents need to be certified by a professional, such as at your local post office or bank.
Your payment will only be taken if your application is successful.
Assistance with your application
If you can’t apply for a Blue Badge online and don’t have anyone else who can help you apply we may be able to offer assistance with your application.
For help with your application email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01634 333 333.