Apply for or renew a Blue Badge
There is currently a delay in processing Blue Badge applications while we implement a new processing system
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. All applications will be dealt with in date order.
You can apply for or renew a Blue Badge quickly and easily. It can take up to 8 weeks to process your application and make a decision. If you do not provide enough supporting evidence it can take longer.
Applications for people who are terminally ill will be fast-tracked.
You’ll receive your Blue Badge up to 14 days after we approve your application and you’ve paid.
Renew a Blue Badge
You’ll be sent a renewal reminder 3 months before the badge expires. But you can renew your Blue Badge before that.
Renewing follows the same process as applying.
Apply or renew online
When you apply online, you can check the full list of eligibility criteria before you start your application.
Applying online is quick and easy and means:
- you’ll only be asked questions relevant to your disability
- you will not need to post your documents to us
- you’ll get your badge quicker
When you apply, you’ll need to upload or send:
- a passport-style and sized photograph (this can be taken yourself)
- proof of identity such as a passport, driving license or birth certificate
- proof of address such as a Council Tax or utility bill dated within the last 12 months
- evidence of eligibility
If you upload all the documents when you apply, you should receive your Blue Badge quicker.
Proof of identity
If you’re using a document without a photograph, such as a birth certificate, as proof of identity, you’ll need to send a certified copy of both your proof of identity and your passport photo. These documents need to be certified by a professional, such as at your local post office or bank.
Proof of eligibility
Depending on the reason you need a Blue Badge you may need to provide one of the following to prove you’re eligible:
- a letter of entitlement to the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance, issued within the last 12 months
- the front page and the ‘moving around’ page of your latest PIP letter
- a letter of entitlement to the War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- a Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) letter
- a DS1500 medical condition report
Your payment will only be taken if your application is successful.
Help with your application
If you cannot apply for a Blue Badge online and do not have anyone else who can help you apply we may be able to offer help with your application.
For help with your application email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01634 333 333.