Athlete Support Programme
We offer an Athlete Support Programme to help Medway's athletes competing
- Junior membership for under 16s with extended access until 6pm (regional or higher). Medway Park offers longer opening hours as it has a junior gym
- Gym and Swim membership for 16 plus (regional levels and above).
- live in Medway or be a Medway athlete studying at university whose parents still live in
- if under 16: represent the region or a regional team (or be ranked in the top 10 at regional or
higher level for individual sports with official rankings), or a higher representative level, in a Sport England funded sport
- if over 16: represent the region or a regional team, or a higher representation level, in a
Sport England funded sport.
- membership is renewable every 12 months provided that the member continues to meet the eligibility criteria
- members will receive a membership card which must be shown at each facility in order to gain access
- as a condition of membership, members will make every reasonable effort to attend promotional events as requested by Medway Sport.
Applying for the Athlete Support Programme
To apply you will need to:
- list full details, answering the qualification criteria above within your email
- attach a supporting letter from your regional officer, club or NGB supporting your application
and your standing
- screenshot or send a link to your standings
- email your application to email@example.com.
From Wednesday 1 March 2023, applications will be open all year round and successful applicants memberships will be applied for a 12 month period from date of acceptance.
Medway Sport Hall of Fame
Medway Council recognises and honours the achievements of sporting individuals, who through their endeavours put Medway on the map, by inducting them to the Hall of Fame at the celebratory bi-annual Medway Sports Awards.
The criteria for people being considered are:
- those from Medway or with a Medway connection whose achievements have put Medway on the map or who have made a significant impact in their sport
- their sporting careers or the part of their career for which they are renowned has finished (for example, end of an international career)
- their career will be assessed on both success achieved and longevity
- success will be judged on achievements at senior level on the international stage during their career.
Athletes in this category are also supported by Medway Council, Medway Sport through an ambassador like role for Medway.