Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
Our sports centres are now closed due to the latest government restrictions.
Supervised running clubs are available at Medway Park and Strood Sports Centre. We cater for all abilities from beginners to experiences runners.
Strood Running Club:
- Tuesday 9.15am to 10am - meet at reception
- Thursday 9.15am-10am - meet at reception
These sessions are part of your membership offer if it includes classes. The non-member price is £4 per person (plus non-members admission fee at Medway Park). Book online.
Ready 2 Run
If you want to get into running, we have beginner and intermediate sessions at Medway Park. Take that first step in a secure and safe environment with coaching drills and advice.
Sign up for our progressive training programme. You will receive personalised coaching and support in a small, friendly training group.
Medway parks mile
Medway Sport are planning to launch 26 parks with one mile routes. We want to encourage Medway residents to get active with a daily mile walk, jog or run in their nearest park.
The routes will be mapped out here and displayed in the parks.
For more information email email@example.com.
Download the park mile routes:
- Hillyfields Park
- Victoria Gardens
- Jacksons Field
- Gillingham Park
- Lordswood Recreation Ground
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medway Park Winter Track 5K Series
In the winter and spring, visit Medway Park for a Winter Track Race Series, under the floodlights. The Wednesday evening races run once a month.
All races are chip timed, with runners placed in heats with runners of a similar ability. First heats begin at 7.30pm. Prizes are available for the series winners.
The 2020 series was postponed due to the pandemic. Details of the spring and summer race programme will be confirmed soon.
You can also contact email@example.com for further details.
Medway Sport supports its local parkrun community.
- Great Lines parkrun: weekly free 5K timed run
- Medway junior parkrun: weekly free 2K timed event for juniors
Medway Daily School Mile
Create your own one mile route around your school with our pack and young leader training. Encourage your pupils to lead an active and healthy lifestyle by moving for one mile a day. Try these fun ways:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Medway marathon routes
Looking for a big challenge? Our resident running expert has devised four themed, marathon-length runs around Medway:
- Medway Sports Centres Marathon – this route passes by each of our sports centres. Finishes at The Strand in Gillingham
- Medway Marathon Loop – this loop starts and finishes at Great Lines Heritage Park in Gillingham. It traces the outskirts of Medway, south of the River
- Medway Peninsula Marathon – a loop taking you past the sites and spectacular estuary views to the north of the River Medway
- Medway Marathon Point to Point – a point to point (P2P) route that starts at the furthest point in Grain, finishing at Splashes in Rainham
Safety note: marathons should only be attempted by experienced runners capable of safely completing the 26.2 miles.