Supervised running clubs are available at Medway Park and Strood Sports Centre. We cater for all abilities from beginners to experienced runners.
Running clubs in Strood:
- Strood Run Club: Strood Sports Centre, Tuesdays from 9.15am to 10am
- Strood Couch to 5K: Strood Sports Centre, Thursdays from 10.30am to 11.30am.
These sessions are part of your membership offer if it includes classes. The non-member price is £4 per person (plus non-members admission fee at Medway Park).
Medway Sport Summer 5K Series 2022
Whether you’re new to running or a seasoned runner, we have some organised runs taking place in parks across Medway this year.
The 4 races will finish at Medway Park’s elite-
- Wednesday 3 August - Capstone Country Park 5k: 7pm
- Wednesday 7 September - Riverside Country Park 5k: 7pm
- Wednesday 5 October - Medway Park 5k: 7pm.
- standard: £12 when booked in advance (£14 on the night)
- affiliated: £10 when booked in advance (£12 on the night)
- series: £30 for all 3 races (£24 affiliated) (booking in advance only or payment made at Capstone event).
Medway Sport supports its local parkrun community.
- Great Lines parkrun: weekly free 5K timed run
- Medway junior parkrun: weekly free 2K timed event for juniors.
We also offer a dynamic and diverse range of community running clubs in Medway with free opportunities to run in a safe and friendly group environment.
Medway Sport are planning to launch 26 parks with one-mile routes. We want to encourage Medway residents to get active with a daily mile walk, jog or run in their nearest park.
The routes will be mapped out here and displayed in the parks.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the park mile routes:
- Hillyfields Park
- Victoria Gardens
- Jacksons Field
- Gillingham Park
- Lordswood Recreation Ground.
For more information email email@example.com.
Medway Daily School Mile
Create your own one-mile route around your school with our pack and young leader training. Encourage your pupils to lead an active and healthy lifestyle by moving for one mile a day. Try these fun ways:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Medway marathon routes
If you are looking for a big challenge, our resident running expert has devised 4 themed, marathon-length runs around Medway:
- Medway Sports Centres Marathon – this route passes by each of our sports centres and finishes at The Strand in Gillingham
- Medway Marathon Loop – this loop starts and finishes at Great Lines Heritage Park in Gillingham. It traces the outskirts of Medway, south of the River
- Medway Peninsula Marathon – a loop taking you past the sites and spectacular estuary views to the north of the River Medway
- Medway Marathon Point to Point – a point to point (P2P) route that starts at the furthest point in Grain, finishing at Splashes in Rainham.
Safety note: marathons should only be attempted by experienced runners capable of safely completing the 26.2 miles.