Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance
Supervised running clubs are available at Medway Park and Strood Sports Centre. We cater for all abilities from beginners to experienced runners.
Strood Running Club: Couch to 5k at Strood: Thursday, 10.30am to 11.15am
These sessions are part of your membership offer if it includes classes. The non-member price is £4 per person (plus non-members admission fee at Medway Park). Book online.
Ready 2 Run
If you want to get into running, we have beginner and intermediate sessions at Medway Park. Take that first step in a secure and safe environment with coaching drills and advice.
Sign up for our progressive training programme. You will receive personalised coaching and support in a small, friendly training group.
Medway parks mile
Medway Sport are planning to launch 26 parks with one mile routes. We want to encourage Medway residents to get active with a daily mile walk, jog or run in their nearest park.
The routes will be mapped out here and displayed in the parks.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the park mile routes:
- Hillyfields Park
- Victoria Gardens
- Jacksons Field
- Gillingham Park
- Lordswood Recreation Ground.
For more information email email@example.com.
Medway Sport 5K Series
Whether you’re new to running or a seasoned runner, we have some organised runs taking place in parks across Medway this year.
The 3 races will culminate on Medway Park’s elite-
- 11 August - Capstone Country Park 5k: 7pm
- 8 September - Riverside Country Park 5k: 7pm
- 6 October - Medway Park 5k: 7pm.
- standard: £12 when booked in advance (£14 on the night)
- affiliated: £10 when booked in advance (£12 on the night)
- series: £30 for all 3 races (£24 affiliated) (booking in advance only or payment made at Capstone Country Park event).
Medway Sport supports its local parkrun community.
- Great Lines parkrun: weekly free 5K timed run
- Medway Fit
- Medway junior parkrun: weekly free 2K timed event for juniors
- Rebel Runners Medway.
Medway Daily School Mile
Create your own one mile route around your school with our pack and young leader training. Encourage your pupils to lead an active and healthy lifestyle by moving for one mile a day. Try these fun ways:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Medway marathon routes
Looking for a big challenge? Our resident running expert has devised four themed, marathon-length runs around Medway:
- Medway Sports Centres Marathon – this route passes by each of our sports centres. Finishes at The Strand in Gillingham
- Medway Marathon Loop – this loop starts and finishes at Great Lines Heritage Park in Gillingham. It traces the outskirts of Medway, south of the River
- Medway Peninsula Marathon – a loop taking you past the sites and spectacular estuary views to the north of the River Medway
- Medway Marathon Point to Point – a point to point (P2P) route that starts at the furthest point in Grain, finishing at Splashes in Rainham.
Safety note: marathons should only be attempted by experienced runners capable of safely completing the 26.2 miles.