Change details on your resident parking permit

The permit details you can change are:

  • the address linked to the permit if your new address is within a controlled parking zone
  • the vehicle on your parking permit, as long as your new documentation is in the same name.

How to change permit details

We are only able to accept change of permit details by post.

Please include the following:

  • your existing permit, if you cannot send the permit then you'll need to apply for, and pay for, a new resident parking permit
  • proof of address, such as a utility bill or bank statement with your name on and dated within the past 3 months. If you need to change the address associated with your permit, bring proof of your new address
  • the vehicle registration document (V5C) or insurance certificate. If you need to change the vehicle on your permit, you'll need to send your vehicle registration document (VC5 logbook) or insurance document showing your full name and address. We cannot accept V5C 2 (New Keeper's Slip) as proof of vehicle ownership as you're no longer required to complete your address in section 6. We're only able to accept the full updated V5C document.

Do not send us your original documents. 

We will issue your updated permit as soon as possible if all your documents are valid, and you have returned your existing permit.

Send your permit and copies of the relevant proof to: Parking Services, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR.