Early help and targeted services
This team promotes the wellbeing and resilience of families in a timely way by offering high quality and effective services.
As an early help system, we believe that a longer-term plan is essential to:
- provide the foresight and resilience needed to enable us to sustain our strong performance
- further reform key areas of early intervention and prevention locally
At the heart of our strategy and plan is a commitment to:
- deliver an effective system as a collaboration that our partners and families understand
- optimise relevant skill, knowledge and resources through joint action, rather than developing a plan that centres largely upon the activities of a single service
Our plan clearly sets out how we'll deliver against the core objectives of an early help system to:
- prevent and reduce youth crime
- safeguard children and young people at risk (level 3)
- improve school attendance and reduce exclusions
- increase positive activities and places for young people to go and achieve
Early help and targeted services includes a range of services working with children and families with multiple and complex needs.
These services include:
- The Youth Offending Team
- The Youth Service
- The Children and Family Hubs (including early years, parenting and family support)
- Early help transformation service (Including troubled families programme)
We deliver our work through the ‘Strengthening Families’ framework and deliver it using the ‘Solution Focused’ approach.
We work using an area-based model. This ensures we are closer to the families, communities and the partnerships we support.