Splashes car park closure from Friday 10 February 2023
Splashes car park in Bloors Lane, Rainham, will be closed to the public from Friday 10 February 2023 and will remain
Latest update: Plans unveiled for Medway's new sports centre
Proposed designs for the new state-of-the-art, family-friendly sports centre have been unveiled for the former Splashes site in Rainham.
The exciting proposals include 2 swimming pools:
- a training pool for lane swimming and lessons
- a children’s fun pool with flume, wave ball pool and beach area.
For those who prefer land-based activities, there will also be a fitness gym and room for exercise classes and children’s parties.
This modern new facility demonstrates our commitment to providing accessible facilities that serve all members of the community, including the elderly, less mobile as well as children and young people.
- four-lane 25-metre community pool and leisure pool with easy access steps and ladder with an integrated platform lift to ensure people of all levels of mobility can gain access
- wave ball pool
- beached kids pool, with play equipment and flume.
Fitness, health, and wellbeing facilities
- fitness gym and free weights areas with views of the park
- multi-purpose fitness studio for all your favourite group workouts and wellbeing sessions.
Accessible facilities are provided throughout.
Flexible and accessible changing facilities will include single, double and family sized changing rooms.
A café with a viewing area for parents and guardians will overlook the pool, and views across the surrounding park.
Outside the designs include additional cycle storage and electric vehicle charging parking spaces, as part of Medway’s climate change and carbon neutral aims and ambitions.
A computer-generated image of how the pool area may look. Credit: Space & Place.
A computer-generated image of how the entrance to the new sports centre may look.
A computer-generated image of how the new sports centre may look. Credit: Space & Place.