Shared accommodation

Shared accommodation is a room in a shared house or flat. You can share with people you know or people you do not know. 

If you're a care leaver aged 18 to 21 and would like to live in shared accommodation, you can claim the higher-rate one-bedroom rate Housing Benefit. This is to help pay your rent.

This is sometimes a good option if you and some friends or colleagues want to live together and share the costs. 

Speak to your personal advisor to find out more.