Social housing

Social or council housing is a flat or house that you can rent from a social landlord or local council. Social housing is usually a cheaper alternative to private accommodation.

You can register for social housing in Medway from the age of 17.

This means that you can express an interest in housing. You'll be added to the housing register (waiting list) and given a banding. You'll be assessed by priority of need and your banding will depend on your circumstances.

Register for social housing

You'll need to complete a pre-assessment before you register for housing. This is to check if you're eligible. 

Find out more about registering for social housing in Medway on Kent Homechoice

You can ask your personal adviser to help you with your application. You can also ask to speak to the Specialist Housing Advisor in the service.