Our new Local Plan will replace the 2003 Medway Local Plan. The new Local Plan will:
- guide the development and use of land in Medway up to 2040
- address the needs of our growing population.
Find out more about the new Local Plan:
- formal stages of our Local Plan including the latest Local Development Scheme
- the latest development stage of our new Local Plan
- previous stages of Local Plan preparation
- view submissions received through our latest call for sites
- our community involvement statement
- our Sustainability Appraisals.
You can request these documents in an accessible format.
You can register to receive updates about our work on our Local Plan
Topic areas of our Local Plan evidence base
Ways we are planning for our housing development in Medway.
Our Local Plan will inform decisions in Medway about employment in Medway.
Our documents include how we plan to support our local plan, including things like water and power.
Retail and centres
Get more information on our plans for retail in our town centres.
Find out more about our transport plans for Medway including parking.
We have a variety of documents relating to buildings and building design in Medway.
Health and community
Our documents include information about the health and wellbeing of our communities in Medway.
Natural environment and green belt
Our documents include our air quality action plan and plans for Medway's landscape.
Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
Our documents include information on all known sources of flooding that may affect existing or future development within our area.
Waste needs assessment
Find out more about our waste needs assessment plan in Medway.
Minerals, waste and energy
Our documents include information on waste management, how minerals are extracted and energy supplies in Medway.