Mini Youth Sports Camp
Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
We are pleased to be re-launching Mini Youth Sports Camps during the summer holidays 2020, following the latest government guidance for managing the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Mini Youth Sports Camp
Medway Sport offers an exciting programme of Mini Youth Sports Camps for children aged 7 to 12.
The Covid-19 compliant sports camps will be running for 4 weeks through August at Medway Park (multi sports) and for 3 weeks at Strood Sports Centre’s Soccer Centre (football).
The team of experienced, DBS checked sports coaches are ready to run the fun-packed week of carefully managed coaching and games in a variety of sports, including athletics, laser tag, racket sports, striking and fielding.
We'll be offering morning and afternoon sessions, with children separated into small groups of up to 10 children with a dedicated coach. Each session will include 2 activities, with time built in for refreshments and ongoing cleaning of equipment.
Our new hygiene and safety procedures mean we cannot offer breakfast club, twilight or lunchtime provision. All children will need to be collected promptly at the end of each session. We are also unable to offer swimming during the Sports Camps this summer.
Summer 2020 Camp dates
- Week 1: Monday 3 August to Friday 7 August (Medway Park Only)
- Week 2: Monday 10 August to Friday 14 August (Medway Park and Strood)
- Week 3: Monday 17 August to Friday 21 August (Medway Park and Strood)
- Week 4: Monday 24 August to Friday, 28 August (Medway Park and Strood)
- £15 per half-day session. Medway Sport Premier Members receive a 30 per cent discount.
- Morning sessions are 9am to 12pm
- Afternoon sessions are 1pm to 4pm
You must collect your child at the end of each session, even if they are booked on for both the morning and afternoon sessions. We cannot provide lunchtime supervision and children will not be able to remain in the building.
- Activities will be designed to allow children within each group to maintain social distancing as much as possible.
- All equipment will be cleaned before every session, and will not be shared between groups.
- Where children are booked on multiple sessions throughout the week, we will prioritise keeping children within the same groups as much as possible.
- Households or children from the same school will also be placed in the same groups as much as possible.
Book a place at the Mini Youth Sports Camp
You can request to book place on a Mini Youth Sports Camp online. Once you've completed the form we'll contact you to take payment and confirm your child's place.