A resident parking permit allows you to park in the controlled parking zone where you live.
A resident permit:
- is valid for 12 months
- costs £30
- will only cover the zone you live in
- does not allow you to park on single or double yellow lines
- cannot be refunded, but can be changed if you move address or change vehicle
- must be applied for by the person who owns the vehicle unless you drive a company vehicle.
You can buy resident parking permits for as many vehicles as you have, but the vehicle must be registered with the DVLA at your home address.
Student parking permits
Eligibility will depend on whether your student address is within a controlled parking zone and if you're entitled to a permit.
Please contact your landlord or parking services on 01634 332 266 to confirm eligibility.
To apply for a student parking permit:
- complete the resident parking permit form
- provide a photocopy of proof of address dated within the last 3 months and your student identification card.
The student parking permit costs £30.