How we can help
We have developed a Local Offer for care leavers to help you find the services and support we offer. These services can help you manage the journey into early adulthood and independent living.
Our leaving care team will help you get housing, education, training, work experience and health services. We'll also provide advice and encouragement to help you make the most of your journey through the care system.
The Care Leavers Hub
The Care Leavers Hub is based at the Elaine Centre in Strood. You can:
- meet your personal advisor there or speak to any other personal advisor if they are off work
- use the washing machine, shower or kitchen. You'll need to check beforehand that nobody else is using them
- visit if you just need somewhere to go for a while. There is a sofa and pool table
- get involved in the activities and groups on offer. Find out more from your personal advisor.
You should have your personal adviser's contact details and know who you can contact when they are off.
If your personal adviser is not available and you need to speak to someone in the team, you can contact the duty worker:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 01634 335 681, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Out-of-hours phone: 03000 419 191, at weekends, on bank holidays, and after 5pm Monday to Friday
- Address: Care Leavers Hub, Strood Children and Family Hub, Elaine Centre, Clifton Close, Strood, ME2 2HG.
Make a complaint
If you are unhappy with something from the 16+ Service please speak to your personal advisor or their manager.
If you are not happy with the response you can make an official complaint.
If you need help to make a complaint you can contact the Young Lives Foundation on 01622 683 815.
Our Local Offer for care leavers webpages have been updated and refreshed. Tell us what you think and any improvements we could make using our online survey.
Tell us your views
Our Local Offer for care leavers webpages have been updated and refreshed. Tell us what you think and any improvements we could make using our online survey.Take part in the feedback survey