Following the latest government advice (step 4 on the government roadmap), Medway Sport has brought in the following changes from 19 July 2021.
We are still committed to staff and customer safety with:
- regular cleaning schedules
- hand sanitiser stations
- reception screens.
Face coverings and social distancing rules are no longer mandatory within our centres. However, customers and staff can choose to continue to follow both safety rules.
From 19 July 2021
- while bookings are no longer essential, we strongly recommend customers pre-book for racquet sports and fitness classes to ensure space is available
- bookings are no longer needed for the gym and this option will no longer be available
- the gym will close to the public between 11.30am and 12 noon, and 3pm to 3.30pm for additional cleaning
- showers and changing rooms will be fully open for customer use
- we advise the wearing of face coverings in communal circulation areas
- spectators will be allowed and the normal admission price will be applied
- equipment can be hired from reception
- you will still be able to sign into our sports centres using the QR code for track and trace.
From 26 July 2021
- bookings are no longer needed for our pools and this option will no longer be available
- exclusive Member Lane Swim Sessions will remain and can be pre-booked for these customers only
- a new summer pool timetable will be released. Hard copies can be collected from our reception
- we will revert to our pre-coronavirus (COVID-19) child-to-adult pool ratios
- The Strand paddling pool will re-open.
From August 2021
There will be a return of Senior Sports Sessions at all sites.
No changes will be made to our fitness timetables. However some classes may change location.
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com.