Go to navigation


Subletting is when someone pays you rent to be able to live in a part of your home.

If you are a secure tenant, you have the right to sublet a room, but you must first get our permission by contacting your housing officer in writing.

Subletting the whole of the property is social housing fraud and is a criminal offence. If you suspect that a council property is being sublet without our permission you can report this to us.